I would like to extend a heartfelt Thank You to The Edge of Stupid for nominating me for Blog of the Year Award. It is an honor to be nominated by someone who completely understands – and is willing to share – “how exquisitely absurd, occasionally very stupid, sometimes heartbreaking, and often exhilarating it is to be a woman in her s with a reasonable intellect and little-to-no sense”. The Edge of Stupid is a blog worth reading, I assure you!
The “rules” for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
To pass along the honor, I’d like to nominate several of the blogs that I’ve been following. This is in no ranked order. I admire and am inspired by them all equally. The list of my nominees are:
I have also been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Poet Kay Lynté ♥
1. Link back to the person who nominated you: Thank you, Kaylynté
2. Post the award image to your page
3. Tell 7 facts about yourself: (I am borrowing my own list here)…
1. I am a night owl.
2. People think I live on coffee and chocolate, but I really don’t.
3. My favorite quote most days is “I do not like to write – I like to have written” (Gloria Steinem).
4. Other days I force myself to write by thinking of this: “If there is no dull and determined effort, there will be no brilliant achievement” (Hsun-tzu).
5. I have learned that “The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them” (Jeff Jarvis).
6. I really like quotes.
7. I believe “The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” ( Michelangelo Buonarroti).
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated:
…while the rules require that I nominate 15 blogs for this award, it is just not practical to include all the bloggers who inspire me. So, in the interest of saving time and space, I nominate all of the blogs listed above, plus a little extra:
And, for good measure:
and Clanmother, who writes:
Blogger awards are about recognizing individuals who have inspired our journey. We have a common goal to make a difference in the lives of our families, friends and extended community, local and global. Many years ago, William Arthur Ward gave us this insight: “Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.”